Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Fitter - Weekend Night Shift (Tulsa, OK)
at Valmont Corp
Welcome to Valmont, where a world of opportunity awaits. When you join our team, you become part of a passionate group dedicated to changing lives and conserving resources around the globe. We want problem solvers who roll up their sleeves to foster progress and innovation for all people. At Valmont, we provide infrastructure, irrigation, tubing and coatings to the world. We strengthen cities. We nourish croplands. We design, manufacture and coat. Our products and services make a difference. Join us, and BUILD YOUR WORLD.
How you will contribute
Valmont is currently seeking a highly motivated and talented individual for the Fitter position in the Global Utility Division. We are looking for a highly driven individual that will layout, align, and assemble fabricated metal products used in electrical poles, substations, and other structures. Additionally, you will…
· Work under the guidance of coworkers to fit components together in the shop from blue prints in preparation for welding
· Assemble structural units that require fitting
· Utilize hand tools and measuring devices in the performance of job tasks
· Determine whether process specifications have been met prior to construction site assembly
· Wear required personal protective equipment and follow facility safety regulations
· Maintain a safe and productive working environment
· Perform various other duties requested by the supervisor to ensure customer requests are met
What it takes
· The ability to read and interpret blue prints to properly fit products
· The ability to perform basic math functions such as adding, subtracting, multiplying, and dividing
· The ability to communicate and interact with coworkers in a positive manner
· The ability to work in a timely and expeditiously manner to deliver an on-time result without errors
Highly qualified candidates will also possess:
· High School Diploma or GED equivalent
· One year of previous experience in a manufacturing or fabrication environment
· One year of previous hands-on welding experience in a professional environment
· Must have a high awareness for safety at all times
· The ability to identify and communicate maintenance or product problems to departmental supervision
· The ability to work in a high volume, fast paced environment
Must be a person of passion and integrity who has the drive to excel and deliver exceptional results
Valmont does not discriminate against any employee or applicant in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you have a disability and require any assistance in filling out the application for employment, call (402) 963-1115 or email EEOCompliance@Valmont.com.
Valmont Industries is a leading producer and distributor of products for the infrastructure and agriculture markets.
Valmont Industries began in 1946 when our founder, Robert B. Daugherty combined his $5,000 savings and wholehearted belief that business could and should be done better. Since that modest start more than half a century ago, our company has grown to be an international leader in engineered products and services for infrastructure and water-conserving irrigation equipment for agriculture.
From the lighting and traffic structures that guide your way, to communication towers and utility structures that power your home and business, to irrigation equipment that waters the croplands on which your food is grown, Valmont products improve lives worldwide.
Valmont Industries operates in five primary business segments: Engineered Support Structures, Utility Support Structures, Coatings, Energy and Mining, and Irrigation. Valmont (VMI) is publicly traded on the NYSE.
We focus on two global markets: infrastructure and agriculture. Valmont Industries is present in 23 developed and developing countries, offering 27 brands from more than 80 facilities. International sales represent a significant portion of our revenues.
Valmont’s employees are passionate about the products we make. Along with our customers, they are the cornerstone of our success. We pride ourselves on being people of integrity who excel at delivering optimal results. We pursue opportunities for growth by taking our products and processes to new markets, introducing new products to regions where we have a presence, and continually improving our services to ensure that Valmont solutions are second-to-none.