Hillcrest Medical Center
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Sr. Patient Access Representative
at Hillcrest Medical Center
Sr. Patient Access Reps/Financial Counselors are responsible for securing payment of accounts. Excellent customer service skills are a must. Financial Counselors must be able to verify insurance and pre-certify utilizing computer programs, internet and phone; file for assistance for qualified patients; set up payment arrangements. They must maintain precise and clear notes; patient confidentiality; and follow accounts through to completion. The position is very detail oriented. Financial Counselors are responsible for keeping financial information up to date and for collecting monies due for co-pays or elective procedures. Individuals must be able to sit for prolonged periods and possess excellent oral and written communication skills.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Reviewing daily admit report and processing assigned accounts
- Process PPE/Blue sheets for admissions
- Obtaining corrected demographics and sending corrected face sheets to floor
- Documenting account notes and entering accounts into MIDAS timely
- Works with Cardon Services to complete Medicaid documentation and notification for newborn accounts
- Determination of accounts for Charity care to include approval and recommendation to manager
1-3 Years of Experience
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.