Hillcrest Medical Center
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
RN IV, PACU
at Hillcrest Medical Center
The Recovery Room Registered Nurse is responsible for the delivery of patient care through the nursing process of assessment, diagnosing, planning, implementation, and evaluation. He/ she is also responsible for directing and coordinating all nursing care of critically ill patients based on established clinical nursing practice standards.
1) Observes professional ethics in maintaining confidential information.
2) Follows and enforces accepted safety practices for patients and Hillcrest Hospital South.
3) Reports hazards and initiates appropriate action.
4) Participates in safety instructional programs.
5) Completes documentation and charges in an accurate, timely, and legible manner.
6) Prepares and provides for departmental needs within budget guidelines.
7) Participates in the recruitment and retention programs of the unit.
8) Monitors and evaluates the strengths and weaknesses of new employees within the introductory period.
9) Performs other duties as assigned.
10) Performs intervention duties in cases of post operative emergencies in a calm and competent manner.
11) Manages the post operative patient and communicates significant changes to appropriate personnel.
Education Graduate from an accredited school of nursing.
Technical/Formal Training BLS required upon hire. ACLS and PALS preferred upon hire, if not must obtain within 6 months of hire.
Knowledge/ Skill/Abilities Demonstrated leadership abilities. Ability to work under stressful situations. Good oral and
written communication skills. Demonstrated ability in interpersonal relationships which enhances
communication, promotes conflict resolutions, and facilitates staff development.
Experience Prefer at least one year experience as a Registered Nurse in a peri-anesthesia or critical care environment.
Licensure Current Registered Nurse license in Oklahoma.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.