Hillcrest Medical Center
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
RN II Weekend Option Days
at Hillcrest Medical Center
The Registered Nurse is a professional caregiver who assumes responsibility and accountability for a group of patients for a designated time frame. She or he provides direct care to these patients via the nursing process, the environmental/instrumentation and management of other health care team members.
1. The RN will plan, perform care, document and demonstrate knowledge of growth and development norms for adolescent, adult and geriatric patients. The RN will demonstrate knowledge of age appropriate equipment and identify and advocate for the safety of the patient.
2. The RN will initiate and document infection control precautions as per policy 100% of the time as well as maintain and document infection control precautions per policy and utilize appropriate PPE. The RN will also provide education to family and patient on the infection control guidelines.
3. The RN will assess, reassess and document patient status per policy including but not limited to admission and discharge documentation. The RN will plan, implement, and document nursing care that is appropriate to the patient’s needs, condition, and culture.
4. The RN will collaborate with case management and physicians in the continuum of care.
5. The RN will delegate appropriately to team members to maximize quality of care and utilization of resources.
6. The RN will maintain confidentiality with all information.
7. The RN will meet departmental standards and competencies as evidenced by departmental documentation.
8. The employee will report to work on time and work as scheduled and per attendance policy. The employee will work independently with minimal supervision and utilize policy and procedures of the facility to guide them in the proper course of action.
9. The employee will comply with safety policies and procedures and maintain professional working relationships with co workers, physicians, and customers.
Education: A graduate of an accredited nursing school.
Technical/Formal Training: Must maintain a current certification in BLS. ACLS certification preferred.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.